10 Jaw Dropping Springs Of Florida You Must Visit

Here it is folks, the list you’ve been waiting for – and for some, the list they didn’t know they wanted! Florida has the best springs for kayaking and nature watching, especially if you love manatees and otters!

1. Blue Springs, Orange City

Source: Ringfineart.com

Source: Ringfineart.com

The spring is a designated manatee refuge with a large winter population of West Indian Manatee.

2. Three Sister Springs, Crystal River

Source: Commons.wikimedia.org

Source: Commons.wikimedia.org

Great place to kayak and you can see a TON of manatees! Total Kayak time is 4hr to 8 hours! Get there early as kayak rentals are due at 4PM. located in the heart of Crystal River, Florida.

3. Ginnie Springs, High Springs

Source: Divetalking.com

Source: Divetalking.com

The park is very popular with open-water divers and cave divers due to the clear water, sand and a limestone bottom.

4. Silver Glenn Springs, Ocala

Source: Allabouthappylife.com

Source: Allabouthappylife.com

The Silver River is one of the most beautiful and peaceful rivers you will ever paddle. With three launching points, you have the option to paddle the entire 5.4 mile river, or enjoy shorter sections at your leisure.  There is also a glass bottom boat named the “Chief Coahajo” that gives a phenomenal tour of the springs without getting wet 🙂

5. Ichetucknee River, Fort White

Source: Wuft.org

Source: Wuft.org

The crystalline Ichetucknee River flows six miles through shaded hammocks and wetlands before it joins the Santa Fe River.

6. Juniper Springs, Ocala

Source: Ringfineart.com

Source: Ringfineart.com

This central Florida gem is located at the Ocala National Forest,

7. Wekiva Springs, Apopka

Source: Hookstersroadtrip.com

Source: Hookstersroadtrip

Located in Apopka, Florida! Wekiva Springs  is full of wild animals that can be seen for your enjoyment while paddling downstream. The name of the springs comes from the Indian word “bubbling waters.”

8. Rainbow Springs, Dunnellon

Source: Antic.Doonks.com

Source: Antic.Doonks.com

Archaeological evidence indicates that people have been using this spring for nearly 10,000 years. Rainbow Springs is also the fourth largest spring in the state.

9. Cypress Springs, Vernon

Source: Oldcypresscanoe.com

Source: Oldcypresscanoe.com

Crystal blue waters and so much fun! Water is so clear it will look like your boat is floating in the air!

10. Fanning Springs, Fanning Springs

Source: Fordrinksandtips.com

Source: Fordrinksandtips.com

Located on the Suwannee River, this inviting source of cool, clear water has attracted people for thousands of years.Fanning Springs now produces less than 65 million gallons of water daily, making it Florida’s second largest spring.

If you enjoyed this list, check out our most recent list The 10 Most Recommended Springs By Floridians that we gathered from YOU, our beloved readers on the most highly recommended freshwater springs that didn’t make this list 🙂

127 comments for “10 Jaw Dropping Springs Of Florida You Must Visit

1. Vickie Lynn
    May 27, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Ichetucknee River is not in Orlando – it is north of Gainesville

• admin
      May 27, 2015 at 7:45 pm

ahhhh, a typo. Thank you for bringing that to my attention

• Nikki
        May 28, 2015 at 1:02 pm

You should add Wakulla Springs on the list as well…..very beautiful

• Robert
          May 29, 2015 at 12:54 am

I was thinking the same thing. I loved working there.

• Lan s
          May 31, 2015 at 12:35 am

We love wakulla springs too!

• May 28, 2015 at 1:23 pm

I can’t believe you forgot “Weeki Wachee Springs” ???

• michael pitts
        May 28, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Also, the silver river flows from silver springs, in my hometown of ocala. Silver glen is another springhead entirely that is in the ocala national forest, not far from juniper springs.

• Lucinda
        May 29, 2015 at 1:52 am

Add DeLeon Springs too! And they have the pancake house!

• linda
          May 29, 2015 at 5:04 pm

absolutely! I love that place

• Andrea
        May 29, 2015 at 11:24 am

Wakulla springs??????

• Alina
        June 2, 2015 at 6:05 am

What about the alligators? I been thinking on visiting one of the cristal water springs but I’m afraid of the alligators

• Christina
      May 28, 2015 at 7:32 pm

It in branford fl. I live next to it

• smartguy
      May 28, 2015 at 8:10 pm

what about bed springs?

• Rosemary Bonilla
      May 29, 2015 at 12:33 am

It is Outside of Brandford and on the way to Lake City Fla. Been there it is Beautiful and the Water I’d Wonderful.

• lillian koon
      May 31, 2015 at 8:19 pm

it’s in ft. white, florida, just outside of lake city, florida.

2. Lorraine Lacoste
    May 27, 2015 at 7:41 pm

I love it ,will go very soon

• admin
      May 27, 2015 at 7:47 pm

awesome 🙂 these are some great natural springs that is for sure, all of which have come highly recommended from friends. We have personally been to 4 of them!! Good Luck on your ventures!

• christna
        May 28, 2015 at 12:17 am

Isnt wiki wachee a natural spring too? That one should be on here… Gotta love the mermaids and manatee! Pooh and big blue!!

• Alicia
        May 28, 2015 at 3:20 am

You should also look into Morrison Springs and Ponce de Leon Springs in Ponce de Leon, Fl and Pitts Spring off of Econfina on Hwy 20 in Notthwest Florida. Also, Blue Springs in Marianna, Fl is quite beautiful as well!

• Kristy cothron
        May 28, 2015 at 3:38 am

You ought to.check out hart springs in gilchrist county it is really nice too

• tina
        May 29, 2015 at 9:17 am

A link to a map with location of springs would be helpful and appreciated. Same with the article on the beaches. Thank you.

• richard
        May 29, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Lithia springs lithia fla

• Vanessa
      May 28, 2015 at 4:21 am

My favorite by far isn’t listed. In Apopka fl. Rock Springs in Kelly park. Absolute paradise.

• torbic
        May 28, 2015 at 5:02 pm

Rock springs is a 10min float down a river that ypu can walk down and is full of rocks huge rocks. Painful rocks. Its beautiful but not great to go in.

• Nancy
        May 29, 2015 at 2:26 pm

We love Rock Spings as well!! I was surprised that it wasn’t on the list! I think it is more of a secret gem and only those in central Florida know about it!

3. Amanda
    May 27, 2015 at 9:09 pm

what about weeki wachee springs??

4. amy
    May 27, 2015 at 9:53 pm

Been to rainbow an juniper springs an i just love it at both places. Blue springs is what me an my family will be trying this summer an i just know we will enjoy it!!!!

5. Lance
    May 27, 2015 at 9:58 pm

ive been to all except rainbow springs being a fl native has its perks

6. Pierre
    May 27, 2015 at 10:27 pm

I’m so happy that i love by all of these springs!! Gotta love FL!!

7. May 27, 2015 at 10:51 pm

You can find the springs easy with this app.

• Aira Hravart
      May 31, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Excellent. Thank you gentleman.

8. eric
    May 27, 2015 at 11:07 pm

How about salt springs

9. Gale
    May 27, 2015 at 11:38 pm

In which springs are you allowedto swim?

• Jill
      May 29, 2015 at 4:05 am

Most all of them you can. My fave is Alexander on Ocala.

10. isa
    May 27, 2015 at 11:47 pm

How come salt springs isn’t there? Its gorgeous as well. Its near juniper springs in ocala.

11. Cassie
    May 28, 2015 at 12:40 am

Beautiful Weeki Wachee Springs State Park was left off of the list. And they even have Mermaids

12. Christina
    May 28, 2015 at 12:48 am

My husband and I went snorkeling in blue springs. Amazing experience!!! We’re from Florida so erne become somewhat immune to being excited about the native wildlife. But while there we watched under water as an otter sped through and caught an armored catfish… Not even 10 feet from us!! We continued to watch for 10 minutes as he waded water and devoured his meal. Those teeth!!!! Holy cow. It was an unforgettable day.

13. David long
    May 28, 2015 at 1:07 am

Don’t forget historic Wakulla springs south of Tallahassee Florida in wakulla county Historical creature from the black lagoon lol

14. matt
    May 28, 2015 at 1:17 am

What bout Wakulla Spring, Wakulla FL. It has largest fresh water cave in world

15. Sharon McBride
    May 28, 2015 at 1:20 am

Was wondering why you didn’t mention Weekiwachee Springs in Spring Hill Fl?

• admin
      May 28, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Been there several times and it is def a gorgeous spring. I have been getting some good feedback on this article and on other springs that i have not mentioned. I plan on working on another list of springs. There are many that i was completely unaware of (living in FL my whole life) and we are always looking for local adventures. Check out the blog, http://www.Agapevoyage.com and like our FB page for daily updates and posts

• Sara Tovar
        May 30, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Hi, thank you for this informative article about Florida Springs one of my FB friends posted it a couple of days ago and I have been actually wanting to check out some springs this summer. We live in Kingsland, GA and I was wondering if you could include a map for each spring you have listed? Don’t know how difficult that would be for you and I know I could Google Map them all individually outside of your Blog Page just trying to find an easier way to scroll through each spring one by one to plan for day/overnight trips. Thank you so much. : )

~Sara~

• Sara
        May 30, 2015 at 5:03 pm

• Djpopdod
          May 31, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Hi Sara, I live in Florida and visit most of the springs mentioned. I can suggest the place to go for the most bang for your buck. The Ocala National Forest. It is about 1 1/2 hours north of Orlando. Coming from Georgia, I would hop on Hwy. 19 heading south. As you enter the forest Salt Springs will be your first stop. Keep heading south and you’ll hit Silver Glen Springs. Heading south again on 19 your next stop could be the Juniper River. Hwy. 19 crosses the river. This is the end of the canoe run from Juniper Springs. These all are within 10 miles of each other (more or less) and all are on Hwy 19. Next you have a choice. Following Hwy 19 further south you will see signs for Alexander Springs (approximately 15 more miles). Alexander Springs is not on Hwy 19 but the signs to get you there are very well marked. Great canoeing here if you are inexperienced. Great camping too. Your other choice is to travel approximately 5 miles after crossing the Juniper River. You will come to Hwy 40 (Red flashing traffic light). Turn right heading west for about three miles. You will come to Juniper Springs (BY FAR MY FAVORITE!!!). If you plan on camping (YES!!!) You can stay at Juniper Springs. Great nature trails and a FANTASTIC canoe run. Let me warn you, the Juniper canoe run is considered one of the toughest runs in Florida. As a matter of fact they recently changed the rules for people wanting to do this run because were so many complaints from people who did not realize how tough the run was going to be. You must now take a mandated 1/2 hour class before you are allowed on the river. It is included in the price of your canoe rental (about $29.00). Be aware they now inspect your coolers before they send you off. No alcohol permitted. Everything in your cooler must be in a reusable container. That mean chips, sandwiches, snacks, even your water must be must be in a reusable container like Tupperware. No bottled water. The reason for this is to keep the river as pristine and trash free as possible. The wildlife on the river is amazing! Do not be surprised to see alligators, otters, deer, raccoon, bears, feral pigs, guys picking banjos (OK, OK… I made that part up) and snakes. I have seen it all on this river! The one way run takes between 3 and 5 hours. If the canoe run isn’t your cup of tea, I would suggest going to Alexander Springs. Here is a link to the Ocala National Forest: http://www.fs.usda.gov/ocala . You can make reservations for your campsites on this link (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!). Hope this helps!!! Have FUN!!!

• Sara
            June 1, 2015 at 1:01 am

Hi Djpopdod, thank you so much for the informative “itinerary” you so kindly provided for me. : ). It is going to be especially useful when we make plans to see some springs this summer. As I really like the fact that there are so many on Highway 19….that is very cool! Too bad about the banjo picking….LOL, but certainly one can only imagine while taking an adventurous canoe trip down the Suwannee….right?!! ; ) That was too funny! We have never been camping as a family but I would so love to try it out someday! Thank you again! : )

16. Farah
    May 28, 2015 at 1:31 am

this might be a dumb question but I will ask anyway, are all these springs Alligator Free? Would like to enjoy one without having to worry about gators

• admin
      May 28, 2015 at 2:41 pm

When there are sooo many people in the springs, i assure you, no alligators will bother you. At night, all by yourself, I am sure you would only have a problem then.

• Diana
      May 28, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Water is too cold for gators.

• Jill
        May 29, 2015 at 4:07 am

Water is not too cold for them….but like admin said….too many people. They won’t come around.

• Djpopdod
        May 29, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Diana, you are incorrect about that. There are alligators at these springs and in the rivers they create. Farah, alligators shy away from people unless they lose their fear because of illegal feeding by people. I have swam, snorkeled, scuba dived, and canoed many of the springs listed. I have never had a negative encounter with an alligator. As a matter of fact I enjoy seeing them. There is so much beauty at these springs and rivers. Jump in with both feet!

• Marsha Nisbet
        May 29, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Water is NOT too cold for the alliigators…..They are in all our springs ….but usually stay hidden . They are in the runs for sure.

• Patti
        May 29, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Beg to differ…have seen MANY gators while going down both The Glen and Silver Springs runs…be cautious and enjoy!

• Krystle
        May 31, 2015 at 3:08 am

The water is definitely not too cold for gators… I live at Wakulla Springs and see gators around all the time… In and out of the water. 😉

• Djpopdod
      May 29, 2015 at 9:08 pm

There is no such thing as a dumb question.

• Sarah Clevi
      June 3, 2015 at 10:07 pm

About 20 years ago I told my parents that for summer vacation, when I was 16 I wanted to visit all the springs in Florida before we got rid of our motor home. My mom did such a great job planning and Making up our itinerary. Like Djpopdod mentioned concentrating on the springs in the Ocala National Forest is the best thing to do. Now, I have been to so many that I dont know for sure,but I think I have been to every spring in the Ocala Forest and in Florida. Chrystal River I remembered was so beautiful BC we had our own boat. The one lady mentioned alligators, well I went to one spring with my mom and it had a wall built around it and it was in a campground accross from another spring. I started to take my clothes off to jump in and my mom stopped me! There where 5 huge gators looking at me hungrily! LOL the only thing that was keeping them in was the concrete wall built around the spring. Then, I went to another spring with some friends forget the name of the one, but it was kinda near New Symrna Beach. We drive all the way from where I live in Cape Canaveral to Titusville to pick up the friends by the time we got to the spring entrance the line was so long. We get up to the booth and they let the car in before us, but they wouldn’t let us in. The capacity had been met! Oh I was so mad. We had kids with us. Anyway we snuck in ! We tried to swim a little way to get to the spring and there were gators again. So, I said I think tho is the end of the road guys. Then, nice family in a good sized boat asked us if we wanted to get a ride to the spring! Yes, we made it in! Anyway the moral my stories are #1 watch for gators #2 get there early if you want to get in for the day or make camping reservations months in advance if you want to get a good spot and the days you want #3 have fun, dont forget your tubes and snorkeling gear!

17. Bridgett
    May 28, 2015 at 1:52 am

Salt springs in Ocala is absolutely amazing as well! Has 3 different areas that the water comes from the ground it’s beautiful

18. Cheryl
    May 28, 2015 at 2:04 am

It would be great to have a link to email this, so I can share it with others

19. erika
    May 28, 2015 at 2:16 am

Everyone forgets about Manatee springs. I prefer there of every one. Went there as a kid, and miss going there now that I live in michigan.

20. Mike
    May 28, 2015 at 2:38 am

Rocksprings at Kelly Park that’s a great one

21. Dave
    May 28, 2015 at 2:38 am

Fanning Springs is awesome, tubing down the Itchetucknee river is a blast too.

22. Heather Hadsell
    May 28, 2015 at 3:33 am

So glad I live close to 3 of them! 🙂

23. May 28, 2015 at 3:39 am

I grew up in Fanning Springs… It’s where I may my husband… It’s a FANTASTIC place and I plan on taking some underwater GoPro footage for my blog when I go back to visit… I’ll have to out the others… I’ve been to many but some I’ve not heard of. Manatee, Blue, Heart, and Ginnie Springs are all decent too !! Thanks for the article!!

24. Russell Ogletree (W.R.) (DUBS)
    May 28, 2015 at 4:07 am

What about Lithia Springs

25. May 28, 2015 at 5:08 am

Can you scuba dive at all these springs?

• Djpopdod
      May 29, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Hey Wesley, three GREAT dives are Ginnie Springs, Alexander Springs, and Crystal River Springs. Crystal River Springs has a large cavern at the bottom with a wide opening. It is safe to dive inside because of the opening. Bring a flashlight. It is approximately a 70 foot dive. There is another spring, I believe it is Blue Springs, that has a giant boulder called cork rock at the very outlet of the spring. The strong flow of the water literally “floats” the rock. DANGER!!! Many divers have perished in this spring after going past the rock and not being able to get back out. It is also a deep dive. 120 feet if memory serves me correctly. Have fun!!!

• Jackie
      June 1, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Yes you can – some have caves you can explore as well.

26. dan
    May 28, 2015 at 5:09 am

LOVELY

27. Chris
    May 28, 2015 at 5:15 am

I grew up tubing down the rainbow river every summer. Rainbow springs is a great park. I’m glad it was finally recognized by the state. I can remember going there and venturing around before it turned into a state park.

I also used to canoe down through Juniper springs.

Great places to relax.

28. Ms M
    May 28, 2015 at 6:21 am

Why not post about Wakulla Springs? It is another area that is absolutely gorgeous located in North Florida

29. Lydia Padgett
    May 28, 2015 at 6:43 am

Enjoyed seeing these 10 Florida Springs but was surprised not to see Blue Springs in Marianna, especially considering it’s a 4th magnitude spring, attracting divers from all over the world

30. Brandi
    May 28, 2015 at 6:48 am

I’ve spent many summer days at fanning, back before you had to pay just to pull into the parking lot!! I’ve aslo been to Ginnie, they are both great places!

31. jeannine guth
    May 28, 2015 at 9:35 am

love to see them all

32. Tim Hill
    May 28, 2015 at 10:41 am

You need to add Manatee Springs in Chiefland Fl.

33. Lisa Riker
    May 28, 2015 at 10:44 am

What do you mean exclusive kayaks in Three Sisters, Crystal River? There are dozens of tour group there. And you can go there with out a tour guide.

• admin
      May 28, 2015 at 12:23 pm

The exclusive manatee tour!! Check it up on their website, you can swim with the manatees.

• Don
        May 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm

You can swim with the manatees without a tour. They are everywhere over in Crystal River- (When its cooler)

• Paula
        May 28, 2015 at 2:56 pm

It appears that these manatees are in the wild yet right? If so, I don’t agree, people shouldn’t swim with the manatees. This is how a lot of them get hurt because they start to be accustomed to humans.

• Djpopdod
          May 29, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Hi Paula, There are VERY strict rules when swimming with the manatees. You are not allowed to touch or instigate an encounter with them. However if they decide to check you out it is legal. They are very curious, gentle animals. Those rules apply to any manatee anywhere in Florida. Human interaction is no threat to them. Boat propellers are. It is so sad to see so many of these animals with prop scars on their backs.

• Deb Dorval
        May 28, 2015 at 3:43 pm

could you give me their website address please – would love to do that excursion
        thanks

• admin
          May 28, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Just Google three sister springs in crystal lake florida! all the info should pop right up 🙂

• Sam
      May 28, 2015 at 3:41 pm

I know, we always just rent canoes or kayaks and find our own sea critters. sister Springs has so many pathways that is easy to have privacy and a tour guide free experience. Ive had dolphins jumping over my boat and manatees float along with us. Beautiful and amazing!

34. Patricia
    May 28, 2015 at 11:06 am

Forgot salt springs, Alexander, Ponce Dr Lon and rock springs

35. nick
    May 28, 2015 at 12:23 pm

I can truthfully say I have been to all of these. They are all equally amazing

36. Chris
    May 28, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Went to Blue springs this past Sunday for the very first sprin I ever been to. It was awesome and breath taking, im going to live the spring life for now on

37. May 28, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Really great list of springs, with so many it’s hard to choose. Been to Juniper and Silver Glen but I heard Ichetucknee is the best.

38. Am
    May 28, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Rainbow spring is my favorite, love the trail park, picnic area and dive in to crystal clear water.

39. chris reichard
    May 28, 2015 at 2:29 pm

How could u forget weeki wachee springs?? The best tree jumps down river!!!

40. Evan
    May 28, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I find it amusing that your website shows people peting/molesting the Manatees at Twin Sister’s. The penalty for that is up to a $500.00 fine and/or 60 days imprisonment.

• admin
      May 28, 2015 at 3:14 pm

For those of you who would enjoy an up close and personal encounter to swim with the manatees, River Ventures Manatee Tour Center is located just steps outside the Three Sisters property on the Northeast corner of Kings Bay Drive and Cutler Spur Blvd. River Ventures provides you with everything you need for the manatee swim tour.

• Djpopdod
      May 29, 2015 at 9:06 pm

It is not illegal to touch a manatee if it decides to have an encounter with you. It is illegal to instigate the encounter.

41. Jayne
    May 28, 2015 at 3:42 pm

My husband and I are looking forward to exploring all of these! He has been here for 20 years and only been to a few, I have not been to any in the two years I have lived here in Florida! I’m already getting my underwater camera equipment ready!

42. Leah
    May 28, 2015 at 4:04 pm

There is wekiva Springs and wekiwa both somewhat close, both are great!

43. Suelen
    May 28, 2015 at 4:08 pm

Im from georgia and i would love to visit some of those Spring .. How can a get an address to get to them ? Thanks

44. Paul Thompsob
    May 28, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Wakulla is the second highest in water flow in Fla. Beautiful but remote. PART Of THE Old
    Ed Ball estate south of Tallahassee.

45. Kathy
    May 28, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Don’t forget Seven Sisters Spring and he Crack located on the Chasshowitzka River. Beautiful place!

46. Manny
    May 28, 2015 at 6:30 pm

Can you find beautiful places in south Florida?

47. Derek
    May 28, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Also Wekiva Springs is actually Wekiwa Springs. It is easy to confuse because of the Wekiva River.

48. doana
    May 28, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Theres is also Salt Springs in Ocala

49. Jackie
    May 28, 2015 at 7:30 pm

Silver Glen Springs is NOT on the Silver River. The author is confusing Silver Glen with Silver Springs. Silver Glen is in the Ocala National Forest, and runs off of the St. John’s River. It does NOT have glass bottom boats. Silver Springs State Park, near the entrance to the Ocala National Forest, does have glass bottom boats and is on the Silver River. I grew up going to these springs…get it straight! 🙂

50. christina
    May 28, 2015 at 7:36 pm

There is also troy springs which is outside of branford, little river springs, royal springs the last two in obrien.

51. May 28, 2015 at 7:42 pm

What about Vortex springs

• Cdz
      May 29, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I was disappointed not to see Vortex on the list too! Better kept secret now, i guess lol.

• Jim Henthorn
      June 4, 2015 at 6:19 am

I think they missed out on the beautiful springs diving in the Panhandle. Too many people forget that Florida does go further west than Tallahassee.

52. chuckbruce
    May 28, 2015 at 9:20 pm

When I was stationed at nas whiting fld we would ride over to DeFuniak Springs to scuba dive…. Awesome

53. brian
    May 28, 2015 at 9:30 pm

My wife and i have been to all but 3 sisters and the one in vernon. They are all beautiful

54. Denena Barnette
    May 28, 2015 at 9:54 pm

Lithia Springs near Brandon, FL (Pinecrest) has been a favorite swimming place for our family.

55. Bert
    May 28, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Been to all except Fanning…. Guess I’m in trip planning mode. Just love the springs

56. Cindy
    May 28, 2015 at 11:36 pm

I grew up swimming in Ponce de Leon Springs in Ponce de Leon, Florida. Even broke my leg jumping off of the little bridge. Many a summer day we would do our chores and then make the 2 mile walk to the Springs. I learned to hold my breath for 3 minutes as I swam down to the opening of the cave, but only made it just to the opening and chickened out. It is a beautiful place to go. Be warned though, it is a cold water spring. I think the temp is like 70 (have to google it for certain) but that 70 degrees feels very cold when compared with 100 degree summer days. Ponce de Leon has a nature trail for hiking, picnic area, and is not slimy like a lot of places. And I promise no gators will be floating by. Just typing this makes me want to hop a plane and go visit my home state.

57. kaley
    May 29, 2015 at 3:30 am

Wakulla Springs maybe??.. it’s the largest and it’s beautiful too :/

58. dugan
    May 29, 2015 at 7:55 am

What about Salt Springs and Alexander Springs?

59. Maria Brachowicz
    May 29, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Thank you for sharing those wonderful places to visit in Florida!

60. Byron
    May 29, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Don’t forget Blue Grotto, and Devils Din Both in Williston

61. May 30, 2015 at 1:21 pm

i would most definitly add mud springs to this its located in welaka fl just south of st.augustine

62. kathy
    May 30, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Also Ponce DeLeon in FL panhandle is beautiful. Been there a few times with picnic area & trails.

63. Barbara. Key
    May 30, 2015 at 5:28 pm

The beginning of May, I visited Florida and spent some time on the Crystal River. It was fantastic!

64. robert wallace williams
    May 30, 2015 at 7:09 pm

I have been fortunate to visit a spring or 2, some named here and some not and you are so fortunate to have them. I grew up on the Neuse River in North Carolina at Smithfield and our river is muddy but the woods are pretty. Starting age 13 in 1960 I first went to Suwanee Springs and White Springs but in my 50’s I went to Fort White and spent time on the Santa Fe and the Ichtucknee. Small springs along the rivers are great fun and beautiful. North Florida has a priceless jewel in its springs. I know!!

65. Kara
    May 30, 2015 at 11:02 pm

We are visiting Seagrove this summer. Any good recommendations for something within an hour of there?

66. karen
    May 31, 2015 at 12:01 pm

THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SPRINGS THAT HAVE THE MANATEES THAT VISIT. FLORIDA HAS A LOT OF SPRINGS THAT ARE WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL.

67. Judy Waddell
    June 1, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Don’t forget PITT’S Springs, & there are two other Springs right near it. One about the same size, & one a little larger, where ECONFINA SPRINGS bottles their water . BEAUTIFUL, if you get the chance while SUN BATHING IN P.C. Fl, drop by off HWY 20 & swim the local springs. Don’t forget CRYSTAL SPRINGS, in Veron Fl, about a 30 minute drive from PITt”s SPRINGS, & every worth the trip. It is huge, cold, & beautiful. Divers are allowed there also. Look up Dana & Doug Phillips at OLD CYPRESS CANOE RENTALS in Veron, the big spring is a 10 minute canoe ride.

68. Lori
    June 3, 2015 at 12:30 am

What about Madison Blue Springs in Madison Co. near Tallahassee???

69. Brenda Carver
    June 3, 2015 at 4:46 pm

We used to camp at Manatee Springs State Park just out of Chiefland, FL in northern FL and it has a beautiful spring that flows into the Suwannee River. During the winter the manatees go into the spring. The Suwannee River is not a clear river but the spring is a beautiful clear spring and to camp there you can swim in the spring and there is a walkway down to the river. There is also another spring in the park that the divers go into and look around at the other springs in the area. Ginny Springs is also not to far and they have camping sites and the spring is one of the most popular springs in FL that scuba divers dive in. They say that once you dive into the spring it is huge and it also flows into the Suwannee River. There a lot of parks in that area.

70. james huffman
    June 3, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Dont 4get devils den its a spring in a cave totally cool

71. Lizzy
    June 6, 2015 at 7:38 pm

I saw manatees near Indian Springs, they are lovely.

72. Chris
    June 10, 2015 at 10:26 pm

I’ve lived in Ponce de Leon, FL my whole life and spent nearly half my life living on property at Vortex Spring. My father was the manager for twenty plus years. It truly is a wonderful place. They hold annual fireworks displays on the 4th of July weekend and an annual pig roast celebration which is coming up June 19. They also offer wonderful diving, full service dive shop, camping, lodges, swimming, canoe rentals as well as paddle boats, inner tubes, and kayaks. Ponce de Leon Springs State Park is also very beautiful and offers nature trails, picnic pavillas with charcoal grills and many facts about the natural vegetation and wildlife. Our town is small and full of history and beauty. I reccomend these places to anyone that loves to have fun and just want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Also both springs are are 67 – 68 degrees in temperature so perfect for those hot summer days.

73. Janet
    June 16, 2015 at 5:13 am

After visiting the Everglades, I would worry about swimming with alligators in these places. However, they are quite lovely.