Sweden is a Scandinavian nation of thousands of coastal islands, inland lakes, forests and mountains. Its principal cities, eastern capital Stockholm and southwestern Gothenburg and Malmö, are all on the sea. Sweden has some pretty sweet sites just waiting to be explored – by YOU!
1. Go Under The Bridge Connecting Sweden & Denmark!!
In order for ships to pass, this bridge is half under the water. You drive down in the water and then come out on the other side. Truly a marvelous piece of engineering!
2. Stay The Night At The Tree Hotel
Awesome hotel that leaves you floating in the trees for the night 🙂
3. Explore Visby Medieval Town, Gotland
Visby is considered the best preserved medieval city of Scandinavia!
4. Witness The Viking stone ships (burial grounds) at Badelunda
Just about five minutes into the countryside around Västerås, there is an ancient Viking burial site. It’s called “Annundshög” and there are a bunch of old Swedish kings buried here!
5. Stay Cool In Sweden’s Ice Hotel
Ice Ice baby! Are you ready for a drink on the rocks?
6. Visit Njupeskär, Sweden’s Highest Waterfall
Sweden’s highest waterfall is definitely a must see while your here! A nice little hike through Sweden’s countryside will get you here.
7. Catch a Glimpse Of The Northern Lights
You can only see the Northern Lights in SOME parts of the world – some argue Sweden has the BEST views!
8. Visit The Vasa Museum in Stockholm
The Vasa Museum is a maritime museum in Stockholm, Sweden. Located on the island of Djurgården, the museum displays the only almost fully intact 17th century ship that has ever been salvaged.
9. Do Alot Of Shopping in Stockholm
There are so many shops in Stockholm that carry so many unique and interesting gifts! You NEED to check it out!
10. Stay In The Utter Inn, Västerås, Sweden
It seems Sweden is FULL of interesting hotels and this one is definitely cool! Sleep with the fishes for the night 🙂